After months of talking about it and planning I think Derek and I are finally ready to start trying to have a baby. Nothing could make me more excited- or scared! Last weekend while lying in bed Derek told me he was ready for a baby. I couldn't believe it, the tears welled up and I was overcome with joy. They were the next best words to "i love you" and "will you marry me." I let it sit awhile with him to make sure he was sticking to this decision.
Well, yesterday Lance arrived! We decided we were going to go visit the family in the hospital and I asked Derek if he was getting baby fever yet and he told me that guy's don't get baby fever until they have their own baby, before that they are just scared and not ready. Good to know!
beautiful NC themed Christmas tree at the hospital.
We had a great time visiting our friends. Lance is a precious baby, he made the sweetest little sounds and Kent and Megan let Derek and I take turns holding him while we were there. He slept like an angel and would make cute little faces and sweet little sounds.
sweet Lance
After leaving, while Derek and I still had the glow in our eyes I told him I was making the decision and it was time and music to my ears he said Ok, I'm ready!!
Let the adventure begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment