Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5 weeks


milestones:
- drinking from a bottle


I didn't grab a weekly picture of our little munchkin this week. Tuesday was a little crazy.  But Charles had a big week between 4-5 weeks old.  Derek gave him his first bottle.  We used tommee tippee's and he took to it just fine and came back to me without a problem.  I've been pumping to go back to work and have a supply.  It's kind of a pain but at the same time, at least Derek gets these moments?  And it will help if I ever decide to have a beer. 
 It was really hard for me to be around for this.  I know it's silly but I felt like I had no more purpose.  I might have cried.  Yes, it's silly.  Thankfully I could look at Derek's pure joy in being able to provide for Charles and nurture him by feeding him and it made me happy.  I mean- look at that face on Derek.  And Charles was looking at him during the feeding- it was pretty amazing.
 I think we should call these weekly updates "photos of Father and Son".  I have got to get on Derek to take more pictures of Mother and Son!!  But I love capturing all these moments of my two guys together.  Some things are getting easier but it's still hard.  Not lots of sleep, he still gets fussy.  But we know what to expect.  We're getting better at soothing him and we know what his cries mean. 
 The ring sling has come in handy so so much.  Derek is learning the joys of baby wearing too.  At night sometimes Derek will wear him to soothe him- it's like swaddling I s'pose but he's so hard to hold once he's swaddled.
 We are planning on giving him a bottle once a week.  So, Derek has given Charles a bottle twice.  He still loves it and we're having no problems.  Thankfully.
 We got our Christmas tree up over the weekend.  It wasn't the easiest thing to decorate for Christmas with our schedules and lack of sleep but we did it slowly over the course of a week or two and now we're all done.  Derek went out to get a tree on Saturday and we decorated it on Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...