Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

update

Well, it looks like I'm not quite proficient at updating the 'ole blog.  things have been crazy.  Work is busy, we closed on the house last friday and we are trying to get work done on the house and pack.  All while pregnant.  Not an easy task.
 Let's break this down a bit:
Pregnancy lately-  After a few nights of complete pain and awfulness we figured out that some serious sleep is the best preventative measure we have.  So, I go to bed at 8 pm every  night, regardless of what's going on.  Morning sickness has seriously subsided and most days I don't feel pregnant.  I'm getting back to eating somewhat normally but it's a struggle.  I think mostly this is because of the move and just being tired.  there's no time for me to cook meals really or prepare or go grocery shopping for that matter.  Derek has been wonderful and really stepped up to help out around the house and cook for me on days he can.  He's been perfectly supportive.  We are so close to twelve weeks and the end of the first trimester.  I can't wait to tell all of Derek's family and maybe have some excitement about our little munchkin.  I'm holding off on telling work for another month if I can help it.  My coworker just got back from maternity leave and my PI  needs some time to deal with the adjustment before I tell him I'm headed out for awhile too.  In a team of two that's a big deal!  I have another ultra sound on Monday.  It's the "first screening" which will tell us the likelihood of having a down syndrome baby.  So, I'm very eager to get past this point.  Obviously I'm eager to see the baby again and here that she's doing okay.

House:
Where do I begin?  The list is incredible!  Fixing the Koi pond, getting a lawnmower-doing yard work, getting the garage ready.  Picking paint colors- omg, this has been such a challenge!  We're working on movers, moving trucks, exterminators, carpet cleaners, selling things on craigslist, a rental truck for moving.
Last weekend we did some great work!  Derek treated me to a beautiful laundry room- painted vertical pink stripes and two brand new washer and dryers.  I die.  I'm going to add a chandelier and a shelf but this is already a favorite place

With only two hours a day with Derek and trying to eat and catch up during this time it's been insane. Packing hasn't really happened yet.  I think we'll be throwing things in plastic bags and trying to get out the door.  Luckily we have two weeks after the official move date to finish up at the town home so maybe we'll be ok.

Anyone want to come help?    

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...