Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

First Fall weekend!

Weekends are looking up around here.  I can't believe that there are only 3 more weekends until our baby boy is due!! We've stopped with the big projects and are just trying to enjoy life a little bit- perfectly coinciding with football season!  Go Wolfpack!!

Saturday we watched a lot of football and I finished up decorating for Halloween.  I'd gotten started on Friday but had to stop and take a nap, because, ya know, making wreaths is exhausting and so is growing a baby!  Here's our mantle for a little peak.  I've got one more thing to do to it, but I worked on this Saturday.


This is the first time for me going more halloween spooky.  I love the black "floral" arrangement and the specimen jar works okay I think.  I made the banner in a jiffy- I normally would have sewn it, but c'mon am I reallly going to wash burlap?  So hot glue it was!

Sunday was great weather. We got up and went for a walk with the pups.  I even jogged about 400 yards to see if my belly could take it- that was about the most I could do, but hey- I jogged folks.  Derek cleaned out the garage- yes we can fit a car in there again!  The first time since we've moved!!  I cleaned out my car.  Pregnancy is hard on cars.  There was food everywhere!  Cravings can get ridiculous y'all-  peanuts, cereal, carrots (old shriveled carrots) I was a bit embarrassed.  But it's all spiffy now, I even oiled the leather.  And Derek's installing the car seat this week- squeee.

The highlight of the weekend ended up being our little 30 minute relaxation break.  It's finally perfect weather for the hammock.
 When Derek first put up the hammock he pulled Haplo in for a spell, but it didn't last long- he wasn't too sure how to balance.

Mingo was happy to show him how it was done later though.  He happily jumped right into the hammock with Dad and snuggled down.


Ohh, is that what we do?

 Mingo had his ball and undivided attention.
 I'm pretty sure he was in heaven.

Not that Haplo wasn't content with chewing on sticks and pinecones!

 Although he may have gotten a little jealous at times.
 Mingo knew he had a good thing going.
This was my view.  I was in heaven.  I loved watching my boys hang out and just have a great day.  I had some organic grapes and sweet tea by my side and just soaked it all in.  It's nice to have these wonderful moments of us as a family now and to look forward to a time when I'll have four boys running around getting dirty- not just three.

 Finally Haplo decided to risk it and get in the hammock.  Doesn't Mingo look pleased?
Finding their comfort spots again.

Oh yeah, there we go.  perfect.

I hope you all had a wonderful first fall weekend!  The weather is gorgeous!



1 comment:

  1. Im so glad haplo's feeling better!! I'm also insanely jealous that you have a hammock. We've wanted one, but didnt have flat land here and dont have enough room in Cali. Oh well..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...