I love this girl. She hand made the invitations and they are definitely keepsakes. The back of the invitations were papered and the inside of the envelope has matching paper too. The little whale cutouts and the blue and orange were just perfect! Details really do make things special!
Her and her precious boyfriend came over early and started revealing all the decorations and goodies.
Mike "getting crafty". I love these poofs and she left them with me! They are going up in the nursery.
The gorgeous host! She came in blue and orange to match the theme-of course :)
Attention to details continued into the food spread. I didn't get enough pictures of all the delicious food unfortunately but it was all gobbled up for sure.
The little signs with the whales continued the theme throughout the party. The mini caprese skewers were delicious! I wish I'd gotten a picture. We just drizzled some balsamic on them and yummm, nothing beats that combination.
Moving on from the food, She had the greatest idea for a keepsake for me. She printed out one of my maternity photos and had everyone sign the matting.
I love it and it's currently in our bedroom and is a sweet reminder of the shower and all our great friends.
Next up was the "game" if you will. Terri got everyone to diy a onesie for our little guy and it was fun to see everyone's creativity come out.
Terri got everyone started with some inspiration. I just loved these. They are perfect for Derek's science side and the three peas in a pod is a cute little representation of our human family.
Most everyone joined in and I've got a good set of onesies made just for our little guy.
Quite the group we have huh? I love that they are all so different and in different sizes.
Our dear friends brought us some sweet goodies and Derek and I opened them together. It was fun to get some practical and silly things. We got so many things we still needed, so I was thankful for that. Most of our friends don't have children yet, but Kent and Megan came and imparted some advice and mom-tested goodies that I'm sure will come in handy!
I'm so glad it was not just a girl shower and Derek got to be involved. Our friend Katie even got Derek his own special congratulations card.
Reason 579 why Terri and I are friends. I must have pinned this a million times but wasn't sure I'd have the time or talent to make. And of course, Terri shows up with this as part of her gift!! It was the biggest surprise and just so so sweet of her! It's painted canvas and is going in the bathroom of course!!! I love love love that I have all these little mementos from the shower that will be in different rooms of the house. And sweet reminders of my dear friend.
I made little goodie bags for the guests. I hadn't done favor bags before so I wasn't sure what to do. I found these great chevron bags that match some nursery decor and the color theme so just had to get those. Then I stuffed them with a hand sanitizer and nail files from bath and body works. Hopefully that was ok. I just had no idea how much to spend? Anyone know the rule on this? The hostess is moving soon so I couldn't get her anything too serious. A bottle of wine wrapped in a kitchen towel to match her new kitchen and a turtle wine stopper from St. Simons was my little thank you to her.
It was a beautiful shower and reminds me and Derek how lucky we are to have such sweet friends. And how close we are to the big day!!! currently 28 days and counting!!





No comments:
Post a Comment