Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 weeks

Likes:
- being bounced.  but, he doesn't like the bouncy chair.  go figure
-the ring sling.  I've started to wear him in the mornings while I tidy up the kitchen and he enjoys looking around while in it.
-the baby swing
-his black and white stim mobile.  so glad I got this.
-riding in the car seat.

Dislikes:


Stats:
8 pounds 5 ounces
21 3/8 inches
 Milestones:
-he can roll over on his side now
-we sized him up in diapers.  he's wearing the baby g now, not the infant/preemie g diapers.  Hopefully these won't leak as much.
-2 week doctor appointment. Clean bill of health!

Derek went back to work on Wednesday so there has definitely been an adjustment. Everyday I get a better handle on things but it's not easy.  Derek makes my breakfast and lunch which helps a lot.  Putting him down to prep these things usually leads to crying.  And if he's content for awhile it's usually not long enough for me to prep and eat, so I'm very thankful Derek has been helping out with that.

We've given up on trying to switch his nights and days back.  It's just too hard to keep him awake during the day.  Which makes things hard at night.  Derek is definitely sleep deprived.  Charles' tends to be pretty good at night but there is a 2-3 hour window around 2 am that he just won't sleep.  Otherwise he's sleeping and is up every two hours to nurse like clockwork.  Every now and then it's three hours and I feel like I'm in heaven with that extra bit of sleep-though I usually wake up anyways ready for him to nurse.
I had my first solo outing with him when we went to the pediatrician.  It was a bit nerve wracking to not be able to watch him while driving and know he was doing okay.  I might have turned around and poked him to make sure he was moving at a stop light or two.  And the car seat is definitely heavy- we haven't been using the stroller just yet for these short trips.  I am definitely going to have biceps of steel after carrying him around.  Yay!
I'm healing ok.  Every day is a bit different but definitely recovering from the birth.  I'll be ready to go out for a walk when I'm cleared.  I've started to do a few exercised with him in my arms- squats and shoulder presses with him.  So, that's fun and different for us to do and makes me feel good.  Gotta lose the baby weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...