Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

4 weeks


Likes:
-keeping his parents up at night
-shopping with Mom and Dad
-baby wearing
-the vibrating chair is a big new like this week.  He loves it and it's been so helpful!  It soothes him and he'll also play in it. 
-being bounced on the exercise ball. 




-chilling on the changing table.  It's so funny, he'll be fussing and when you put him on the changing table about halfway through he'll just start kicking and checking things out.  So, we'll just leave him hear sometimes.  I'll do squats right by the table to kill the time and talk to him. 

Dislikes:
-sleeping at night 
-being changed
-a dirty diaper.  He's starting to want to be changed right after dirtying his diaper, a new thing this week. Before, he could have cared less. 

Milestones:
-outgrowing his newborn clothes
-can roll from his stomach to his back (but only on the leather ottoman, not quite during tummy time yet)

Last week was a big one.  Charles had his first growth spurt and it wore Mom out.  He had many, many marathon nursing sessions.  And you can tell!  He's put on sweet little baby fat on his thighs and fingers and he's gotten so much bigger.  I swear he's doubled in size.  He doesn't fit into most of his newborn clothes anymore.  *cry* my little boy is growing up.

precious chubby baby legs


He developed his first case of diaper rash this week.  I had some all natural diaper cream from Ellen that was very helpful.  I hadn't bought any because I was hoping he wouldn't get diaper rash with cloth diapers.  To be honest though, for a bit there we were using disposables maybe once a day or at nights.  The cloth diapers are hard to keep up with sometimes and so sometimes we'd run out before a load was done.  The diaper cream and lots of open air (hanging out on the changing table) has really h helped out.  It's almost gone.


Derek is so sweet with him.  Even when Charles gets fussy Derek is ready with coos to calm him down.

Sometimes sleeping with one eye open is necessary, just in case santa comes early for an extra little cute reindeer. 

  

We had our first outing with Charles on Thanksgiving.  We went to Whole Foods to pick up some things and him and I braved going along.  He did wonderfully and so many people wanted to say Hello to the little guy.  He did wonderfully.  I wore the Maya wrap as it's easier to get him in and out of.  I'm still not super confident to just let my hands down but we'll get there.  It doesn't look like it here but there is head support for him.



We had our first walk with him.  There was some nice weather so I put on the moby and we headed out for a walk.  My legs handled it fine and Charles slept most of the way and really really likes the moby.  When I took him out he screamed like he did at birth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...