Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

42 weeks

 So thankful to have this precious little guy in my arms.  What a journey pregnancy was!  I loved growing this munchkin and was continually amazed at the miracle of life and what the human body is capable of doing.  I am so proud to share this journey with my wonderful husband.  I am continually amazed that this little human was inside me.  Pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I'm happy to have Charles out in the world with us now!!
Wonderful things about being pregnant:
-not feeling bad accepting offers for people to help.  I had my groceries loaded in my car and dog food picked up and loaded in my car several times. 
- interacting with people in a way that you wouldn't normally.  I know a lot of pregnant people get annoyed when people ask them when they're due etc. but I really enjoyed chatting with people.  Yes, lots of people would come up and ask me about my pregnancy, mostly when are you due, is it your first,what's the gender.  and I loved it- from the male nurse that chatted with me about how he wasn't allowed in delivery rooms during his training to the checkout girls who told me about their children and I'd see a few times over the pregnancy.  It was nice to share in the happiness of children with others and learn about other people and their stories.
-precious little baby kicks.  During pregnancy, as hard as it got, I realized that it was the only time I'd be able to always have Charles with me and I made sure to treasure that.  I loved his little kicks and hellos throughout the day that I know I will miss so much when I go back to work.
- food cravings-hello!!!  there are so many things that I started eating during this pregnancy that I never ate before.  Unfortunately, they aren't exactly healthy and now that I"m not pregnant I'm trying to get a handle on them.  But, man, I'm in love with some new foods.
              Donuts!  We have a Dunkin down the street that is way too convenient and the girls and I went out a few times for some gourmet donuts in Durham-monuts. yummm. 
             Ice cream- I never really dug ice cream, but when I was pregnant, I could eat it every single night.  So many flavors, so many toppings.  I was missing out!  I did keep it healthy and ate frozen yogurt only or greek frozen yogurt.  I'm going to have to try the raved about blue bell though. 
             Peanut butter- I had started eating sunbutter before I was pregnant and it just amped up a notch when I couldn't eat deli meat.  Lots and lots of peanut butter sandwiches.  peanut butter and honey, sunbutter, almond butter, granola peanut butter, open faced peanut butter with fruit on it- strawberries or kiwi were some faves.
           Those are the top three I think. 
- sewing.  I've always sewed here and there but it was nice to finally sew for my own baby.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted since the house was top priority but I'm hoping to have time in the future.  A quilt is on the list, but probably christmas stockings first.

I'm sure there are many other things, but that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...